{ What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag }

Monday, August 4, 2014

Over the weekend I completely freaked my hubby out and thought I was in labor. You would think that by the fourth I would definitely know the difference between Braxton Hicks and real contractions but for some reason with each baby, it feels like it's the first time in many ways. It  ended up being a false alarm but it made me spring out of bed in the morning and start getting my things together for the real deal. I only have 4 weeks to go!!! Woot Woot!

Below is my checklist of items that I always bring to the hospital when delivering as well as some fun new outfit ideas that you may want to grab to throw in your cute little overnight bag :) Hope this helps any expecting mamas out there! 

For Mom // Hospital Bag Items


For Baby // Hospital bag items


Must haves:


* Insurance info, hospital forms (i highly recommend having this done ahead of time just in case you are clenching your thighs to keep the baby from falling out in the registering area like my 2nd daughter almost did) and birth plan, wallet with cash (for anything you may need from the vending machine)

For Mom:

* Cozy socks

* Robe or sweater

* 2-3 maternity bras

* Toiletries and personal items // hairbrush, toothbrush toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup (LOL) 

* Ponytail holder, headband

* Cell phone, computer and chargers 

* Camera with charger and extra memory card

* Extra pillow (I hate the rubber ones at the hospital)

* Going home outfit in 6 month maternity size

* Towel

* Hair dryer

* Favorite brand of sanitary pads (the ones they give you feel like a diaper!)

* Underwear that can get ruined

* Pajamas

*Slippers

* Magazines, books

* Headphones or speaker

For Baby:

* Car seat 

* Coming home outfit (weather appropriate)

* Blanket (weather appropriate) 





0 comments